Sunday, October 29, 2006

Here's Something for my Co-Workers: "the Best Web 2.0 Sites"

The title comes from the author of this list ... it is definitely worth checking out. I've had several conversations with colleagues about "what exactly IS this 'web 2.0'?" Not quite sure that this author answers the question ... but the list of sites is an impressive collection where you can spend several hours perusing.
It would have been helpful if the author provided an explanation as to why these are considered 'the best' among all of the thousands of web 2.0 services and mashups; and it could do with a better categorization of these ... but this is well worth looking at.

Among some of my favorites are: del.icio.us, Stumbleupon ... I'm exploring a bit about PageFlakes and NetVibes ... and more favorites: Google Reader (quickly becoming my favorite online reader!).

Categories: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pageflakes rocks. I have been using it for ages (well, a few months now, seems like ages anyway). I am sure you'll find it as useful as I do. I check all my daily news with it and also use it for local infos (weather, movies).

Regards
Charles

Unknown said...

Hi Charles,
I'd agree with you. Pageflakes does rock. And it seems to have some great potential for learning in a corporate environment as well. Just imagine that a company intranet/extranet is setup with Pageflakes (or some other, similar webtop interface). Hmmmmm ... lots of potential there. Sure would like to know of any lessons learned or other ideas on how this could be incorporated into some kind of personal learning environment.