Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Did I ever say how much I dislike Comcast / Xfinity? Well I do!

To say that I’m not a fan of Comcast / Xfinity cable is a dramatic understatement. It seems they’ve not been able to do much of anything right … when things go wrong … from the initial installation all the way to our current 2-1/2 week long adventure with them.

This recent experience just takes the cake! Each time the same problem is explained to one of their representatives, we get dramatically different answers … either we 1) have a problem with the cable box, or 2) we’re just receiving a weak signal, or 3) the outside connections are loose, or 4) it’s an area-wide systems problem.

If you don’t know the source of the problem nor how to fix it immediately, then by all means admit to it. I’m much more accommodating when someone admits, “we’re not sure of the cause; we are working to resolve it … “

And then offer to contact me again to see if there’s a resolution to the problem.

But NO! That’s not how Comcast rolls. They’ll just make stuff up and never – never – ever follow up.

That doesn’t stop them from tooting their horn about how so absolutely great they are and how fantastic their service is … (click to embiggen)
comcast-twitter

Yeah, sure! Crap is the only response I can give. … but wait! Apparently they’re here to “make it right” – because that’s what they say they do.
comcast-twitter2

**deep breath** The crap is just astounding.

And their agents … those oh-so-UNhelpful folk whom one calls to report a problem and to get some kind of solution – they are either complete morons, or liars, or both.

The problem persists for 2-1/2 weeks; and I’m betting that it will continue for the foreseeable future … and not one agent has called us back to follow up with the problem or to see if it’s been resolved. Probably because each time we call, we get a different answer to the same problem.

Here’s what we’ve been told …
  • Wait 24 hours to see if it’s fixed.
  • We’re sending a signal to your box to resolve the issue.
  • Unplug the power chord, wait a minute, plug it back in, and THEN wait 24 hours.
  • We’re sending a technician over to look at it.
  • The technician determined the outside connections were either loose or frayed. They’ve been replaced.
  • Wait 48 hours.
  • You can always unplug the power and then plug it back in to reset the system.
  • It’s an area-wide, systems problem.
And no resolution in sight.

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

Hi there! I apologize for the trouble. I work for Comcast and I'd like to help. If you're interested in my help, please feel free to contact me.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Unknown said...

Mark - I sent you an email to the address you provided. I'm not holding my breath. I've come to the conclusion that pigs would sooner fly than your company is able to resolve the problem. So, surprise me!