Friday, December 01, 2006

A Blog-Free Weekend (Going to the Taj Mahal)

I just realized that this is my 100th post to "Running with Scissors" ... what better way to celebrate this little milestone (it's a milestone for me to be sure!) than to go on a little jaunt over to Agra.

I will be taking the weekend touring one of the wonders of the world - the Taj Mahal.

I'm leaving early in the morning - to catch a flight from Pune to Delhi. From there I'm going to drive ... okay - someone else will do the driving for me ... to Agra to spend the day at the Taj. I have been told by folks here to NOT buy anything while in Agra. The stuff is way overpriced because of the tourists. And I have been told that Agra is really beautiful this time of year ... much cooler than in Pune. (Maybe it will finally feel like December for me)

After a day exploring Agra (there are other things to see as well ... like the Agra Fort ...) I will return to Delhi. The Pune team has been very generous to allow me to use their corporate apartment on Saturday night.

Sunday will be a day of touring around Delhi ... and that's where I can pick up some souvenirs ... the capital city of India. I'm looking forward to seeing its sights as well. I will return to Pune around midnight on Sunday.

So, with all of my touring around ... I won't be blogging ... until Monday at the earliest. I'm not taking the laptop (which I am sure will make my firm's IT department happy). But in the meantime ... please catch up on all of the posts so far ... and enjoy these photos of the Taj Mahal. (I'll take some of my own, of course, and put them up at a later date).





Links for you to read up on Agra, the Taj Mahal and Delhi:

 

Categories: , , ,

No comments: