Thursday, December 07, 2006

Last Night in Pune - And for Dinner I Had ...

Can you believe it?! ... I'm having a hard time myself - this 6-week assignment has come to an end. And this is my last night in Pune (maybe I'll return some day ... I really wouldn't mind at all ...)

I've come to enjoy the people here and this city ... it's a big city but it has a "small town" feel in many ways. Yet it is the people here who have made a lasting impression on me.

I know that I've mentioned this before ... and it bears repeating ... they all have been so generous toward me - generous with their time, friendship and human spirit. I will indeed miss them all - as I now count them among my friends as well as colleagues. THAT is definitely a bonus for me.

And what did I have as my last dinner here in Pune? ... Picture this scene ...

I'm in the hotel here and their special is named: Juan's Paella

Hokayyyy ... an Indian hotel serving paella ... you know I have to try it! ... and it was quite good, too. ... Sure, it had some distinct Indian spices kind of thrown in for good measure .... but hey! I felt so multicultural.

Categories: , ,

No comments: