Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Last Post from India

This is post #125! and it will be my last one sitting here in India. I've enjoyed writing about all of my adventures (and misadventures, too) ... this was a fun way to document my trip and the experiences I've had. I hope that you stalwart few who have been following this blog have enjoyed it as well ...

Things will be rather hectic for me tomorrow (Friday) as I wrap things up and pack and get myself to Mumbai for the long flight to home.

So, what have I learned from this experience ... ? ...

Way too much to put into one whole post, but here are a few parting thoughts ...

  • India is a country of incredible contrasts - which can be jarring at times to this US-guy ... It is a place where things just sort of happen at their own pace - sometimes it is fast, bordering on insane (like driving), and other times it is quite slow and deliberate. Just take it all in stride; and as Douglas Adams says in The Hitchiker's Guide: "Don't Panic."
  • Courtesy and good manners go a long way. Maybe we should all stand when others walk into the room or approach your table.
  • Family is the heart of a person's life ... work hard, play harder and always make time to spend with your family ...
  • Celebrate other's talents ... cheer, applaud, whistle, laugh and dance ... life's too short to be on the sidelines. Get in there and just dance . And invite others to do the same.
  • Add a little spice by ... well ... adding a little spice. I've come to enjoy Indian food quite a bit.

All in all I've enjoyed my time here ... I am glad and grateful for this opportunity and experience ... I hope to put what I've learned to good use ... and I'm ready to go home.

Namaste

No comments: