Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Saying Goodbye to Delhi and Going Back to Pune (Part 10)

My Delhi tour wrapped up around 3:30-4:00pm local time and it was back to the airport there. .... now I'm thinking that since the guy here in Pune who had originally made all the arrangements - since he cancelled my tour because of the misunderstanding from the morning's conversation ... did he also cancel my flight? ... here comes that pit in my stomach again.

But all was well ... Whew!

Grabbed a snack at the airport, read a bit, then boarded the plane when announced.

Two hours later I was back in Pune and was taken to the hotel here ... arriving around midnight. ... Called home to tell them I was back safe and sound ... and made my confession to my wife about the Kashmir rug ... "Oh?!? (pause) Okay ... (another pause) Where are we going to put it?" ... I'm not in the doghouse (too much) ... "As long as you're safe ... and get home safely ... That's all that's important to me."

Through it all, this weekend's trip was a vast mixture of extreme highs and excitement and extreme lows ... with some awe, frustration, fascination and fun all thrown in for good measure. I'm glad I made this trip.

Categories:

No comments: