Wednesday, November 01, 2006

11/1 - (Later that day) Arrived in Pune

My home for the next six weeks.

Be sure to learn a little bit about this city at Wikipedia's site. There's some really great information about Pune.

The drive from Mumbai to Pune (started out at 8am) was a little more than 3.5 hours, which allowed me a little opportunity to nap. Good thing, too, since I didn't get to sleep at all the night before. As much as I wanted to sleep, I found it difficult for two reasons ... 1) many of the roads are quite bumpy ... really really bumpy ... and 2) I wanted to see the city and countryside. After all, I'm not going to have this chance again.

So, I arrived in Pune - a very weary traveller.

The hotel I'm staying at is designed for short-term business stays ... so it suits me just fine.

The Pune team with whom I will be working couldn't be friendlier. They made such a big deal about my coming ... All of them are helpful; and it was fun today to finally meet them in person - several of them I've only spoken with on the telphone. Now I have faces to go with the voices.

5:00 pm local time here (that 6:30 am to my Eastern US family and friends) ... so I'm going to do some unpacking and then call home -- to begin the ritual of daily phone calls to home.

Categories:

No comments: