Saturday, November 04, 2006

The TV Situation Here

Most of the channels are local/regional or national that broadcast in Hindi. The news is also in Hindi ... except for ESPN, which is in English. Lots of cricket coverage here ... don't really understand the game too well ... am learning though.

Then there are children channels ... familiar ones like the Disney Channel and Nickolodeon ... BUT ... they are all dubbed into Hindi. Just imagine watching SpongeBob or Jimmy Neutron in Hindi.

There are really only three English channels that I can watch with regularity ... at all, really ... the History Channel, Travel, and the Discovery Channel.

That's okay ... TV is mostly at night right before I go to sleep.

But I am having withdrawals from all my favorite shows back home ... Heroes, Doctor Who, The Ghost Whisperer ...

But this allows me more time to read and to capture all these deep, profound thoughts on this blog ...

Categories: ,

No comments: