Tuesday, November 14, 2006

These Very Very Late Days ...

... can sure take their toll. Okay ... a bit of perspective ...

I'm a morning person (just ask how annoying that is to my night-owl wife), which means that because I'm up and ready to go so early in the day ... I get really pooped out come 9:30 or 10:00 at night. I'm often found in quiet meditation on the living room couch at that time ... okay! ... I'm asleep.

And whoa boy! what a difference here in Pune! It is typical that I'm finishing work and getting my dinner at 9pm here. The deal here is the the Pune team do work late to be able to accommodate meetings with the teams back home. Let's say that the home team schedules a meeting for 9am EST ... this translates to a start time of 7:30pm local time in Pune. In a one hour meeting ... the Pune team is wrapping up work around 8:30 - 9:00 ... at night. Ugh

So, it's dinner anywhere from 8:30-10:00pm for me much of the time I've been here ... Of course, I don't want to go to sleep so soon after eating a full meal ... so I try ever so desperately to stay awake ... at least to stay vertical (I do tend to nod off while sitting in the chair in my room) ... because were I to lie down, I'm sure to wake up in the middle of the night with some heartburn ...

And you'd think that if I go to bed so much later, then my body would adjust and wake up at a reasonable hour in the morning, huh? NOPE! I still wake up at the time I'd usually do were I back in the USA ... These are very long days for me.


No comments: