Sunday, November 19, 2006

Shopping on a Saturday

After all of the excursions to the three great sites today (Saturday) ... Parvati Temple, Kelkar Museum, Snake Park and Zoo ... and right before lunch, I went to a grocery store.

I just ran out of toothpaste and ... well ... that's something that I really can't do without.

Besides picking up the essentials, I also purchased some snacks ... more the traditional Indian snack foods rather than those I'd usually eat at home (potato chips, popcorn and such) ... hey! ... while in Pune - do as the Pune folks do ... (I don't know if it should be Puneites or Puneians - hmmm).

So, the Planters nuts are my one nod to a snack I'd have in the US ... all of the others are more in the line of Indian snackfoods - some spicy, others not ...

Grand total for all the stuff (some not shown here): 1010.00 Rupees, which at today's rate is about $22. Wouldn't you know that the Planters Cashews are the most expensive at 499 Rupees ($11 US) ... oh well.

The gift and souvenir shopping will be another day ... but now when the munchies strike in the night (that sounds like an interesting song title: When the Munchies Strike at Night), now I have something to quell the grumbling.

By the way, the toothpaste cost 45 Rupees ... that's roughly $1.

No comments: