Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Elegant to the Max

All I needed was a teaspoon ... let me set the stage ...

The lounge here at the hotel (I'll have to take a photo of it to share) is such that there are usually three to four waiters serving a total of about six to eight tables. So, they have this room pretty well covered. All I need do is look in their general direction and I have a couple of the waiters (they're all men, by the way ... don't really know why) approach me at my table. I've mentioned before how their service is nothing short of fantastic.

So ... I wanted a teaspoon.

The waiter goes over to his stash, picks up a tray (the kind you'd normally bring a set of dishes on), places a doily on the tray and then sets the teaspoon in the center of the doily on the tray. He glides over to my table to "present" me with the teaspoon.

The kinds of places I would go to back home usually have their spoons and other plastic cutlery out in the center of the floor - each individually wrapped in cellophane - for me to take.

But ... no ... I get mine here presented to me on a doily. Too cool.

And to a person, every time I say 'thank you' ... they'll respond, "My pleasure, sir." It doesn't matter what it is. They bring over my toast in the morning ... 'thank you' ... "My pleasure, sir." ...

'May I have another cup of coffee, please?" ... "My pleasure, sir."

I'm getting spoiled.

Categories: ,

No comments: