Monday, November 20, 2006

My Reading List

Besides diving into blogs and other news/opinion sites (I use Google Reader for my web-based RSS aggregator) ... there's also an English newspaper - The India Times - that is delivered to my door each day, weekends included.

On top of those, I did bring four books ... three of which are in my done column.

Okay ... I love Star Wars - the epic saga, a geek's paradise, and especially in the original trilogy (#'s 4, 5, & 6) I thought the characters' stories and development were just too cool. I mean, who wouldn't hold back a small tear at the end of Episode 5 when Han is being lowered into the carbonite freezing chamber and the shot cuts to Chewie as he cries out in a desperate wail ... okay ... might not be your particular cup of tea ... but I like it.

So, why bring up Star Wars in a post about my reading list ... simple.

Before leaving for India, I mused to my wife that it would be neat to learn how the rest of the story goes ... you know ... into episodes 7, 8, and 9. And within a few days of departure, my wife found the three authorized novels that indeed tell the story. (We love yard sales in my family)

And those are the three books that I've finished so far. (The New Republic is threatened anew by the remnants of the Empire, but in true heroic fashion Luke, Han, Leia - whose now married to Han and is expecting twin children - Chewie, Calrissian, and all your favorite characters save the galaxy from the new threats.)

My next one is a novel about WWI, written by Jeff Shaara - To the Last Man.

Categories: ,

No comments: