Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Quick Conversion Quiz

One US Dollar is (as of my writing this) is equal to 44.9 Indian Rupees.

I have to keep reminding myself of this conversion rate ... $1 is roughly equal to 44-45 Rupees ... and I'm still not used to doing the calculations in my head. Thank heavens for this website!

So, now I'm getting ready to settle my hotel bill for these last two weeks ... the rules for my trip are that I'm responsible for meals, drinks, and hotel services like laundry and such. The company pays for my room. ...

Here we go ... I'm handed several pieces of paper ... the bill is 11,372.00

My first reaction was a HUGE KNOT in my stomach ... because I just jump to thinking this as dollars ... For a moment there I thought I was going to have to take out a second mortgage ... but then it has to be converted. Oh, but wait ... this is in rupees ... whew!

But how much is this really?  Roughly $250.00 .. Okay, that's better.

No comments: