Friday, November 10, 2006

Getting a fresh pair of eyes

This is a common site in the US ... telephone poles with wires going to and from homes and businesses. It's how we connect all sorts of gizmos and gadgets to each other and the rest of the world.

Funny thing, though ... I don't see any telephone poles in Pune. None. Nada. Zip.

I was having a conversation with someone from the Pune team here who tells me that all of the lines are buried underground. In fact, when he and others from India come over to the US they notice all of the poles and wires; and they think it's kinda odd.

And ya know ... I never really noticed until this conversation. Huh ... some things I just take for granted - like the presence of telephone poles. But once I was told how the lines here are buried, I looked around with a fresh pair of eyes.

No comments: