Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Quick Recap of my Sunday (11/5)

I never did make it to church on Sunday. When I woke up I wasn't feeling too well ... nothing major ... just some tummy grumblings. And then I was having difficulty finding a way to get to a church nearby. The one option was to ride in one of those auto-rickshaws ... I'll have to take a picture of one of them so you'll see what I'm talking about.

I'm not going to ride in one of those rickshaws by myself. They are basically an open carriage towed by a motorbike. Since they have no windows or doors I just don't feel very safe being in one by myself ... especially should we have to stop in traffic. I would be approached by women and children on the street either trying to sell me something or just to beg. ... Each time I've been in a car, they've approached and knocked on the window. It's hard enough when I know there's a locked door and closed window between us ... I can only imagine how difficult it might be in a rickshaw where there's no barrier of any kind.

Given the transportation issue of the moment and my not feeling well, I decided to stay indoors to work and to rest ... to get over whatever little bug I have.

Categories: , ,

No comments: