Monday, November 06, 2006

Now the REAL Work Begins

My first week was really devoted to introductions and getting the lay of the land. Now that I've started my second week here in Pune, the real work begins.

So, what is it I'm doing here?

In a nutshell I am charged by my firm to look at ways of improving the processes between us and the Pune team. I must find ways to increase efficiencies that will result in a real savings of nearly $150,000.

In addition to the process improvement work, I am coordinating a series of information sessions between my firm and the Pune team. There are 14 Line of Business Leads in my firm that are all going to make presentations during these next weeks. As you might imagine, this is turning into a scheduling juggling exercise.

And finally, I am responsible for conducting training and coaching sessions for the Pune team to onboard them to our process and to educate them on how to design/develop training specifically for an American audience of learners.

There may be a few more things added to the mix, but those are the basic reasons for my being in India at this time.

Whew!

No comments: