Friday, November 17, 2006

A Long Friday

I awoke at 4:20 am ... don't ask me why ...  I just did. Ugh! Couldn't get back to sleep as much as I tried; but to no avail. So, I made a cup of coffee in the room ... they have those little packets that make one cup at a time ... and read my email and newsreader (I use Google Reader ... which has become my RSS reader of choice) ... trying to keep up with the news here and back home.

Bleery-eyed I planned out my day ... had breakfast, which is always a treat here at the hotel. This morning's delights included chicken sausages, fried potato fritters (stuffed with spices), roasted potatoes with ample sprinklings of rosemary, scrambled eggs and toast. Then it was off to the office (I'm there usually be 10am local time here ... )

This was one of those sh*t hit the fan kind of days. But we all got through it with grace and style, I must say. A lot of digging into what went wrong ... and some action plans to work on getting solutions were the focus of today's work.

It is now 10pm local time ... and I've just finished having dinner. Tonight I just wanted something really substantial and un-exotic. So I opted for the pepper steak with veggies and mashed potatos. Yum ...

So, the day has come to an end ...

Tomorrow will be a full day of sight seeing for me here in Pune. I'll give a recap in another post ... with pictures and all.

Categories:

No comments: