Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What I Am Thankful For ...

It's official ... right now (in my neck of the woods) it is Thursday 11/23 ... just another workday here in India; but it is Thanksgiving in the US.

So what am I thankful for? (a short list, in no particular order)

  • for a job that pays the bills (mostly)
  • for this opportunity to travel to India, meet and work with the Pune team, to learn about and experience a new culture firsthand
  • for mom, dad, grandma and my sister ... who knew me as an obnoxious teenager and didn't kill me (as much as they may have wanted to at times) ... for their constant support, prayers and love right now.
  • for my (our) friends back home (and those whom I've befriended at work) who have helped us through tough times, invited us to spend vacations with them, celebrated with us and have invited us to celebrate with them all those milestones of First Holy Communions, birthdays, funerals and such ... who "check in" with my family at home while I'm 10-1/2 hours away ... and who are just there when that's all we need - just being there with us through this adventure of life

ESPECIALLY and MOST IMPORTANTLY ... for my family ... my safe harbor in this sometimes tempest-tossed world. My wife and her love sustains me and challenges me to become a better husband and man. My son is a reflection of the wonder and awesomeness of God's creation. It is a gift, a privilege ... and sometimes for me it is a personally daunting task ... to be entrusted with his care. He is fun to be around and to learn from ... to share quiet moments together and to join with him in a battle to the death in a game. Both he and my wife are the greatest blessing I could ever have wished for.

Categories: ,

No comments: