Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sorry 'bout That

Had dinner tonight at 10pm (I've quickly picked up the habit here of eating late) at the hotel. There was a soccer football game on the television. It was a big deal! When the game was over ... Sorry. ... I don't know who lost or won (or who played for that matter) ... the television program changed to ...

(Oh my goodnes!) a WWF (World Wrestling Federation) match. Of all things!

When I arrived to Pune, I noticed a Dominos Pizza. And there is a MacDonalds right here ... and I've been told there's a KofC (and that's not the Knights of Columbus) ... along with Pizza Hut ...

Okay ...

Of all the things we've had to export to India ... why oh why did it have to be the WWF??!!??!! (Okay - I understand that professional wrestling is a big-time deal in certain parts of the US ... I'm just not a fan ... In fact, I'm rather derisive of it ... what is the attraction, folks?)

Here I am ... sitting in the comfortable lounge and feasting on my grilled lamb tandoori with black bean sauce (oh yeah! it was scrumptious!) ... and I look up to the TV thinking that the soccer football game is still going on ... Nope ... only to find good ol' professional wrestling ... ugh ... sorry 'bout that.

Categories:

No comments: